Here is this month’s list of monthly articles relating to QoL and SCI:
1) Balcazar FE, Kelly, EH, Christopher BK; Balfanz-Vertiz K. Using peer mentoring to support the rehabilitation of individuals with violently acquired spinal cord injuries. J Appl Rehabil Counsel 2011;42:3-11.
2) Chlan KM, Zebracki K, Vogel LC. Spirituality and life satisfaction in adults with paediatric onset spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2011;49:371-5.
3) Dasch KB, Russell HF, Kelly EH, Gorzkowski JA, Mulcahey MJ, Betz RR, Vogel LC. Coping in caregivers of youth with spinal cord injury. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2011;18:361-371.
4) Dolbow DR, Gorgey AS, Cifu DX, Moore JR, Gater DR. Feasibility of home-based functional electrical stimulation cycling: Case report. Spinal Cord 2012;50:170-1.
5) Froehlich-Grobe K, Aaronson LS, Wasburn RA, et al. An exercise trial for wheelchair users: Project workout on wheels. Contemp Clin Trials 2012;33:351-63.
6) Groah SL, Charlifue S, Tate D, et al. Spinal cord injury and aging: challenges and recommendations for future research. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2012;91:80-93.
7) Kelly EH, Mulcahey MJ, et al. Psychosocial outcomes among youth with spinal cord injury and their primary caregivers. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil2012;18:67-72.
8) Kennedy P, Lude P, Elfström ML, Smithson E. Appraisals, coping and adjustment pre and post SCI rehabilitation: A 2-year follow-up study. Spinal Cord 2012;50:112-8.
9) Knight KH, Buchholz AC, Martin Ginis KA, Goy RE, SHAPE-SCI Research Group. Leisure-time physical activity and diet quality are not associated in people with chronic spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2011;49:381-5.
10) Krause JS, Terza JV, Erten M, Focht KL, Dismuke CE. Prediction of postinjury employment and percentage of time worked after spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:373-5.
11) Lemay V, Routhier F, Noreau L, Phang SH, Ginis KA. Relationships between wheelchair skills, wheelchair mobility and level of injury in individuals with spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2012;50:37-41.
12) Lin MR, Yu WY, Wang SC. Examination of assumptions in using time tradeoff and standard gamble utilities in individuals with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:245-52.
13) Livneh HE, Martz E. The impact of perceptions of health control and coping modes on negative affect among individuals with spinal cord injuries. J Clin Psychol Med Settings;18:243-56.
14) Migliorini CE, New PW, Tonge BJ. Quality of life in adults with spinal cord injury living in the community. Spinal Cord 2010;49:365-70.
15) Ottomanelli L, Sippel JL, Cipher D, Goetz L. Factors associated with employment among veterans with spinal cord injury. J Vocat Rehabil 2011;34:141-50.
16) Saebu M, Sorensen M. Factors associated with physical activity among young adults with a disability. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2011;21:730-8.
17) Saunders LL, Krause JS. Behavioral factors related to fatigue among persons with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:313-8.
18) Saunders LL, Krause JS, Focht KL. A longitudinal study of depression in survivors of spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2012;72-7.
19) Stroud MW, Bombardier CH, Dyer JR, Rimmele CT, Esselman PC. Preinjury alcohol and drug use among persons with spinal cord injury: implications for rehabilitation. J Spinal Cord Med 2011;34:461-72.
20) Vall J, Costa CM, Pereira LF, Friesen TT. Application of International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in individuals with spinal cord injury. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2011;69:513-8.
21) Weitzner E, Surca S, Wiese S, et al. Getting on with life: positive experiences of living with a spinal cord injury. Qual Health Res 2011;21:1455-68.
22) Wessels KK, Broglio SP, Sosnoff JJ. “Concussions in wheelchair basketball. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:275-8.
23) Wijesuriya N, Tran Y, Middleton J, Craig A. Impact of fatigue on the health-related quality of life in persons with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:319-24.