Here is this month’s list of monthly articles relating to QoL and SCI:
1) Balcazar FE, Kelly, EH, Christopher BK; Balfanz-Vertiz K. Using peer mentoring to support the rehabilitation of individuals with violently acquired spinal cord injuries. J Appl Rehabil Counsel 2011;42:3-11.
2) Chlan KM, Zebracki K, Vogel LC. Spirituality and life satisfaction in adults with paediatric onset spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2011;49:371-5.
3) Dasch KB, Russell HF, Kelly EH, Gorzkowski JA, Mulcahey MJ, Betz RR, Vogel LC. Coping in caregivers of youth with spinal cord injury. J Clin Psychol Med Settings 2011;18:361-371.
4) Dolbow DR, Gorgey AS, Cifu DX, Moore JR, Gater DR. Feasibility of home-based functional electrical stimulation cycling: Case report. Spinal Cord 2012;50:170-1.
5) Froehlich-Grobe K, Aaronson LS, Wasburn RA, et al. An exercise trial for wheelchair users: Project workout on wheels. Contemp Clin Trials 2012;33:351-63.
6) Groah SL, Charlifue S, Tate D, et al. Spinal cord injury and aging: challenges and recommendations for future research. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2012;91:80-93.
7) Kelly EH, Mulcahey MJ, et al. Psychosocial outcomes among youth with spinal cord injury and their primary caregivers. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil2012;18:67-72.
9) Knight KH, Buchholz AC, Martin Ginis KA, Goy RE, SHAPE-SCI Research Group. Leisure-time physical activity and diet quality are not associated in people with chronic spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2011;49:381-5.
11) Lemay V, Routhier F, Noreau L, Phang SH, Ginis KA. Relationships between wheelchair skills, wheelchair mobility and level of injury in individuals with spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 2012;50:37-41.
15) Ottomanelli L, Sippel JL, Cipher D, Goetz L. Factors associated with employment among veterans with spinal cord injury. J Vocat Rehabil 2011;34:141-50.
19) Stroud MW, Bombardier CH, Dyer JR, Rimmele CT, Esselman PC. Preinjury alcohol and drug use among persons with spinal cord injury: implications for rehabilitation. J Spinal Cord Med 2011;34:461-72.
20) Vall J, Costa CM, Pereira LF, Friesen TT. Application of International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in individuals with spinal cord injury. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2011;69:513-8.