May, 2012’s List of Monthly Articles Examining QoL in Relation to SCI:
1) Atkins D, Noonan VK, et al. Secondary Complications in SCI Across the Continuum: Using Operations Research to Predict the Impact and Optimize Management Strategies. 2011 International Conference on Spinal Cord Medicine and Rehabilitation, Washington, DC. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation 2012;18:57-60.
3) Dickson A, O’Brien G, et al. Adjustment and coping in spousal caregivers following a traumatic spinal cord injury: An interpretative phenomenological analysis. J of Health Psychol 2012;17:247-57.
4) Fliess-Douer, O, Vanlandewijck YC, et al. Most essential wheeled mobility skills for daily life: An international survey among paralympic wheelchair athletes with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:629-35.
5) Gelis A, Daures JP, et al. Evaluating self-reported pressure ulcer preventive measures in persons with spinal cord injury using the revised Skin Management Needs Assessment Checklist: reliability study. Spinal Cord 2011; 49:653-8.
6) Martin Ginis KA, Phang SH, Latimer AE, Arbour-Nicitopoulos KP. Reliability and validity tests of the leisure time physical activity questionnaire for people with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2012;93:677-82.
7) Kavanagh E. Affirmation through disability: One athlete’s personal journey to the London Paralympic Games. Perspect Public Health 2012;132:68-74.
11) Parker M, Yau M. Sexuality, Identity and Women with Spinal Cord Injury. Sex Disabil 2012;30:15-27.
12) Rutherford Owen T, and Marini I. Attendant Care and Spinal Cord Injury: Usage Patterns and Perspectives for Those with Life Care Plans. J Life Care Plan 2012;10:33-43.
13) Rutherford-Owen T, Marini, I. Life Care Plan Implementation Among Adults with Spinal Cord Injuries. J of Life Care Plan 2012;10: 5-20.
16) Wu JC, Chen YC, et al. Effects of age, gender, and socio-economic status on the incidence of spinal cord injury: An assessment using the eleven-year comprehensive nationwide database of Taiwan. J Neurotrauma 2012;29:889-97.